Casa De Amor Aloe Vera Potting Soil Mix, 100% Organic Special Research Based Formula for All Aloe Vera Plants
- Best Organic Potting Soil for Aloe Vera Plants
- Research-Based Balanced Formula
- Ready To Use
- Maintains Good Health and Growth of the Aloe Vera Plants
- Contains All Essential Nutrients
- Maintains Good Aeration and Drainage
- Organic Aloe Vera Potting Soil Mix is formulated with plant food to promote root growth and healthy plants.
The aloe vera plant is an easy, attractive succulent that makes for a great indoor companion. Aloe vera plants are useful, too, as the juice from their leaves can be used to relieve pain from scrapes and burns when applied topically.
Prepare your pot- After giving the new pot a quick rinse (or a good scrub, if it’s a pot you’ve used before) and letting it dry thoroughly, place a small piece of screen over the drainage hole; this will keep the soil from falling out the bottom and will allow water to drain properly.
Plant your plant- Fill the pot about a third of the way with a well-draining potting mix, then place your plant in the soil. Continue filling in the soil around the plant, bearing in mind that you should leave at least 3/4 of an inch of space between the top of the soil and the rim of the pot. The bottom leaves of the aloe plant should rest just above the soil, too. Do not water after planting.
- Lighting: Place in bright, indirect sunlight or artificial light. A western or southern window is ideal. Aloe that is kept in low light often grows leggy.
- Temperature: Aloe vera does best in temperatures between 55 and 80°F (13 and 27°C). The temperatures of most homes and apartments are ideal. From May to September, you can bring your plant outdoors without any problems, but do bring it back inside in the evening if nights are cold.
- Fertilizing: Fertilize sparingly (no more than once a month), and only in the spring and summer with a balanced houseplant formula mixed at 1/2 strength.
- Repotting: Repot when root bound, following the instructions given in “Planting,” above.